The Mechanical Drafter/Designer is expected to model and render in a multi-functional team environment consisting of engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, marketing, and sales with a focus on quality, cost, and schedule. Design responsibility includes taking conceptual input from the Senior Designer and generating CAD models, Drawings, Renderings, and Bills of Material (BOMs).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Draft and design mechanical products in SolidWorks.
- Collaborate work in coordination with Engineering to transform conceptual designs into finished models.
- Assist engineers throughout the design phase; initial concepts, concept revisions, commercialized designs.
- Support engineering, sales, and marketing as needed
- Proficiency in SolidWorks solid modeling
- Create and modify part/assembly models
- Create detailed mechanical drawings based on the ASME Y14.5M standard
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of manufacturing techniques
- Understand mechanical characteristics of common industry metals such as stainless steel, cold rolled steel, and plastics
- Associate’s degree in a design-related field OR CAD certification (CSWA, CSWP, CSWPA-SM, CSWPA-WD, CSWP-DT)
- Self-starter: motivated, ability to prioritize workload, and capable of working with limited direction.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills and the ability to perform in a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Strong proficiency in 3D solid modeling using SolidWorks software a must
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience with 3D design of products
- Strong understanding of component production methods preferred
- Familiarity with various types of hardware and purchased components (nuts, bolts, screws, pins, clips, hooks, etc.)
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off plus holidays
- Comprehensive benefit plans
- 401k plan
- Career growth opportunities